It’s Disney night for the American Idol Top 10, and Rebel Wilson will be on hand as the guest mentor this week. But what songs will she be helping the 10 hopefuls nail down? Let’s find out.
American Idol Spoilers: Top 10 Song Choices
- Alejandro Aranda, Remember Me from Coco
- Alyssa Raghu, Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas
- Dimitrius Graham, You’ll Be in My Heart from Tarzan
- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, Candle on the Water from Pete’s Dragon
- Laci Kaye Booth, I See the Light from Tangled
- Laine Hardy, Oo-De-Lally from Robin Hood
- Madison VanDenburg, How Far I’ll Go from Moana
- Uche, Eye to Eye from A Goofy Movie
- Wade Cota, You’ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
- Walker Burroughs, When She Loved Me from Toy Story 2
Those are some interesting song choices. Some of them are pretty obscure even. I think the only song I would have even picked was “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” for Wade. That’s actually a very smart song choice and could definitely put him in the Top 8 tonight.
Based on song choices, I think Walker and Uche could be in more trouble that Alyssa and Dimitrius. The latter two singers were smart enough to pick more familiar Disney songs and that could help with the votes.
I’ve actually never even heard Laine’s Robin Hood song or Jeremiah’s song from Pete’s Dragon. Those are risky choices, but they’re both frontrunners so it shouldn’t effect them at all with the vote. Madison’s might be a bit boring and that could hurt her a little. We’ll see.
Honestly, I’m just disappointed in all of these song choices. I’m sure some of the performances will surprise and impress me, but I was hoping for more fun choices from this adventurous group.
What do you think of the American Idol Top 10 Disney song choices? Who do you think will make it into the Top 8?