We are getting down to the nitty gritty on American Idol Season 9 and have only 7 contestants left to sing for our votes. Here is my opinion on where they stand at this point.
7) Aaron Kelly – with Tim stepping things up the last couple of weeks, Aaron is the one in the most danger of going home and is not doing all that well with his song choices.
6) Big Mike Lynche – although he did redeem himself last week, if he doesn’t rock things up a bit and give us some kind of soul, he won’t make it into the top 5.
5) Tim Urban really has shown more with his last two song choices and I almost ranked him a little higher but not yet.
4) Siobhan Magnus needs to take some lessons from Adam Lambert about how to perfect the scream at the end of a song. She is definitely not one of the judges favorites so she needs to wow the viewers in order to make it to the top 3.
3) Casey James fell a couple of spots for his horrid song choice last week. He really disappointed me with the vocals and the performance.
2) Crystal Bowersox needs to do something different this week. I’m afraid viewers are getting bored hearing the same sound from week to week.
1) Lee Dewyze proved that he has what it takes to be the next American Idol. Can’t wait to see what he has in store for us Tuesday night.
How would you rank the remaining hopefuls?