We’ve known for awhile now that the American Idol 2018 live finale episodes would be Sunday, May 20th and Monday, May 21st, but the folks at ABC have finalized all the details for the night the American Idol Season 16 winner will be crowned.
According to ABC’s latest press release, American Idol 2018 will come to a close Monday, May 21st from 9-11 PM. That’s late for an American Idol finale, but ABC is airing the Dancing with the Stars: Athletes finale right before it. So that’s two finales in one night!
The special Dancing with the Stars season is only four weeks long, so that’s why the two shows ended up with the same finale dates.
That’s just six weeks away until we know who the next winner of American Idol will be. This week, we see the second half of the Top 24 perform their solos on Sunday and then their duets on Monday before learning the official Top 14 finalists. Also, this Sunday American Idol winner Scotty McCreery is set to make an appearance.
The Remaining American Idol 2018 Schedule
- Sunday, April 15th (2 Hours): Semi-Finals (Top 24) Group 2 Solo Performances
- Monday, April 16th (2 Hours): Semi-Finals (Top 24) Group 2 Celebrity Duets
- Sunday, April 22nd (2 Hours): Live Finals
- Monday, April 23rd (2 Hours): Live Finals
- Sunday, April 29th (2 Hours): Live Finals
- Sunday, May 6th (2 Hours): Live Finals
- Sunday, May 13th (2 Hours): Live Finals
- Sunday, May 20th (2 Hours): Live Finale
- Monday, May 21st: Live Finale
Have you wondered how 14 people will be narrowed down to two in that short time? I know that’s what I’ve been trying to do in my head now for the past 10 minutes. I guess we’ll find out soon enough how it’s all going to play out.