Oh my! The songs for this week suck! The contestants only have 34 “movie songs” to choose from and they are down right horrible! Unless they can get some different songs approved like Kris Allen did last season, we are going to have to sit through another boring Tuesday night. With the show only lasting an hour I don’t think we will have to listen to two from each hopeful but maybe a duet which could be tragic in itself.
My predictions on what these Top 4 will choose:
1) Casey James will probably go with one of the Bryan Adam’s songs but I would be delighted if he sang Mrs. Robinson, especially after the way he’s been treated by Kara.
2) Lee Dewyze hopefully will go with “Iris” by the Goo Goo Dolls. It’s the only song on the list I can hear him singing. Of course with the way this season is turning out, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear him sing some randomly awful ballad like “Moon River”.
3) If Big Mike doesn’t sing Seal’s “Kiss From A Rose” I will be so happy, but this is his style and he will more than likely pick it.
4) Crystal Bowersox may go with “Summertime” Janis Joplin style but it’s still boring so I would like to see her sing Carly Simon’s “Let the River Run” and put some emotion behind it.
If they sing Duet’s this week there are several on here to choose from but they are all cheesy so I’m not even going to wager a guess. I hope none of them sing from the Titanic or “Over The Rainbow”.
Thanks to MJ we have the complete list of the 34 songs:
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- A Whole New World – Brad Kane & Lea Salonga
- Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In – The 5th Dimension
- Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do) – Christopher Cross
- Beauty and the Beast – Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson
- Can I Have This Dance – Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron & the Cast of HS Musical
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John & London Community Gospel Choir
- Can’t Fight the Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes
- Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins
- Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
- Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
- Evergreen – Barbra Streisand
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Flashdance (What a Feeling) – Irene Cara
- Footloose – Kenny Loggins
- Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman – Bryan Adams
- I’m Alright (Theme from Caddyshack) – Kenny Loggins
- Into the West – Howard Shore and Annie Lennox
- Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
- It Might Be You (from Tootsie) – Stephen Bishop
- Kiss From a Rose – Seal
- Let the Riverrun – Carly Simon
- Moon River (from Moon River) – Audrey Hepburn & Henry Mancini
- Mrs Robinson – Simon & Garfunkle
- My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
- One Night Only – Jennifer Hudson, Deena Jones & The Dreams
- Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland
- Separate Lives – Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin
- Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Take My Breath Away (Love Theme from Top Gun) – Berlin
- Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
- We Don’t Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) – Tina Turner
- You’ll Be in My Heart – Glenn Close & Phil Collins
What about the ‘Purple Rain’ soundtrack or ‘Crazy Heart’? What is the deal with all these antiquated songs? How can the contestants be current when they have NOTHING to choose from and the themes this year couldn’t be worse!
What do you want the contestants to sing?