February is set to be a wild ride for the American Idol 2016 singers as Hollywood Week concludes and the Showcase Round ramps up. We’ll be watching the last two segments of Hollywood on Wednesday, February 3rd (8/7c) and Thursday, February 4th (8/7c). The Top 24 will be officially confirmed on Thursday, but we have those spoilers available now right here.
Once the Top 24 singers are announced they’ll quickly move on to the two-week Showcase Round where past Idol fan favorites will return to mentor and perform in the following two weeks of episodes.
Starting February 10, 2016 half of the Top 24 will perform for the Judges. These episodes will not be live and are being taped in advance which means more spoilers coming your way. During the February 11th episode judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Harry Connick, Jr will cut five of the twelve performers from that week.
The following week, starting February 17th, the other twelve singers from the Top 24 will perform followed by another elimination show the next night, on the 18th. By the end of this show we will have our Top 14 for American Idol 2016.
American Idol 2016 – February Schedule:
– Wednesday, February 3rd: 8-9 PM ET/PT – Hollywood Week, Part 3
– Thursday, February 4th: 8-10 PM ET/PT – Hollywood Week, Part 4 & Top 24 Reveal
– Wednesday, February 10th: 8-9 PM ET/PT – Showcase Part 1 Semi-Finals, 12 Perform
– Thursday, February 11th: 8-10 PM ET/PT – Showcase Part 2 Semi-Finals, Judges Vote
– Wednesday, February 17th: 8-9 PM ET/PT – Showcase Part 3 Semi-Finals, 12 Perform
– Thursday, February 18th: 8-10 PM ET/PT – Showcase Part 4 Semi-Finals, Top 14 Revealed
Don’t forget that this final season will be much shorter with the season finale scheduled for April 7th where we’ll find out who will win American Idol 2016 and become the very last Idol winner of the series!