We are now down to the American Idol 2019 Top 5 instead of the Top 4 after the judges used their one save of the season on Laci Kaye Booth and not Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon.
And it’s once again time for us to take a look at who is faring the best in the competition. Please note that these rankings are just our own opinions and have nothing to do with who we think fans are responding to (those things we only consider when we post about who can win American Idol). So now that we have cleared that up, let’s get to it!
American Idol 2019 Top 5 Ranked
1. Laine Hardy. Now that Jeremiah is out of the game, it’s Laine all the way. Laine has been very consistent (almost to a fault – would love to see him do something way out of his comfort zone) and holds steady week after week.
2. Madison VanDenberg. Madison has had a good couple of weeks and has actually done some evolving during the competition. Everyone else has just kind of been on a steady plain, but she’s had a subtle climb and that is impressive to me.
3. Alejandro Aranda. This past week Alejandro pulled out an original song and that’s always when he shines. So thanks to that performance, he has once again climbed back into the game for us. He was definitely losing us a couple of week ago, but this week he even stepped up his look. That means he’s finally taking things as seriously as we have been hoping he would.
4. Laci Kaye Booth. I’m a Laci fan and I would love to rank her higher. But right now she has fallen a bit behind the three above her. And after almost going home this week, she might not be around for the finale. But of course that could also light a fire under her fans and she could surprise us.
5. Wade Cota. I’m no longer going to apologize for not caring for Wade’s style. Music is subjective and opinions are opinions. And this one is mine: I’m not a fan of Wade. I think his voice is exaggerated and not my thing. He claimed it was totally natural, but this week we heard him deliver an almost falsetto set of runs, that have proven to me his voice is a gimmick. I think he should have gone home two weeks ago (earlier than that if I’m being totally honest).
So those are my OPINIONS on the American Idol 2019 Top 5. What are yours? Let us know!