Last week on American Idol 2016 the Top 5 was announced and who is actually the front runner got more muddled.
I know it seems like La’Porsha is leading the pack along with Trent, but if you look at other factors, it gets really confusing. Trent wins all of our polls, followed by La’Porsha. But Dalton and MacKenzie have tons of fans. I mean tons. Everything they tweet is liked and retweeted about 1,000 times. Does that mean they have more people voting for them? Who knows. Almost everyone thinks that La’Porsha is leading with Trent playing for second. But those people also thought Nick Fradiani would finish 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd last year.
So that being said, I’lll again base the power rankings on how each one did last week and place little emphasis on who I think could win. So let’s go.
American Idol 2016 Top 5 Power Rankings
1. La’Porsha Renae. La’Porsha takes the top spot back from Trent based on her performances. Trent might have brough JLo to tears with his version of “Simple Man,” but La’Porsha made her sob with her version of “No More Drama.” Overall, La’Porsha had a better night based on her song picks (which weren’t hers at all, but America’s). Over on Twitter she’s still only at a little over 29,000 followers, but she is in second in our best performances poll with 33.57 percent of the vote.
2. Trent Harmon. Last week Trent fell victim to America picking a stupid song for him during the first round. He still pulled it off, but it just didn’t work with his style. In round two, however, he got to tap into his southern roots with “Simple Man,” which brought tears to Jennifer Lopez’s eyes. And as has been the case all season, Trent leads our poll this week with 38.95 percent of the vote. Meanwhile, on Twitter, he’s at just about 29,000 followers.
3. Dalton Rapattoni. Dalton had a horrible first round last week, but a great second round. I’ve been pretty hard on Dalton because to me he sounds like one of those bad bands from 2002 like Simple Plan and there’s a reason they don’t still exist. But I saw what some people are seeing during his version of “The Sound of Silence.” Dalton holds onto the No. 3 spot in our poll with 11.12 percent of the vote while his Twitter following soars at 132 K.
4. MacKenzie Bourg. Last week MacKenzie wasted his try at “Wild World” but picked up steam with his cover of “Billie Jean.” MacKenzie is one of the most natural performers in the competition but he just has no power behind any of it. He’s got a strong Twitter following with 128K and finishes fourth in our poll (9.83 percent of the vote), but as far as performances go, he’s play for 3rd or 4th at best.
5. Sonika Vaid. Let’s face it, Sonika is toast this week. She has been saved from the bottom twice and while I think she’s a great performer, she’s just not as good as the other four. Last week her version of “Let it Go” was great and saved her from elimination, but later when she sang “Clarity” it was just kind of OK. She finishes last in our poll with with just a little over 6 percent of the vote and her Twitter following has yet to break 20,000.
This time I agree with you putting Sonika or Mackenzie at 4 and 5 places
Last week Sonika Let It Go was great but for me Tristan Independence day was better than her and I don’t know why even all I like Sonika performance rather than Tristan but still can’t believe Tristan got eliminated when she done her best I think. If Tristan here, I think that will faced the elimination is Mackenzie and the Top 4 will be Dalton, La Porsha, Tristan and Trent. Even I want Sonika there also
If I choose according to their performance. This is my ranking (my own opinion and my favorite)
1. Dalton Rapattoni
I sure why I can put Dalton in first rank but I really enjoyed and found something unique in Dalton. Really hard to love someone performance same like Hollie Cavanagh before. But once more I found something unique in Dalton performances last week. I think Dalton will face until Top 3 and I hope he can probably be the winner or maybe runner up. Dalton deserved there. Dalton has something. So for this I will pick Dalton as my rank number 1. Eventhough usually Dalton will be my number 3 or 4
2. La Porsha
I don’t have anything to tall about this super lady. She has been my favourite since begining along with Olivia and Sonika. She deserved to Top 2. I don’t want to comment because every single song she sings is very great
3. Trent Harmon
Last week performance is very awkward at the first round but I love how he connect with the auditions. And I relistening again. It was still OK. But for me his performance still under La Porsha and Dalton (this is from my opinion) but I’m glad I find one good points from him and let see that this week he can climb higher
4. Sonika Vaid
I am afraid this week will be a hard and dangerous week for my dearest Sonika, Sonika felt into bottom 3 already 2 times and saved by the judges 2 times Eventhough I felt that Tristan Independence day was better than Sonika Let It Go. Once I said again. This is my opinion and Sonika has been my favourite along with Olivia and La Porsha. So I think if she doesn’t sent home this week so next week she must be careful. Same like Hollie Cavanagh when she got eliminated at Top 4. If she went to Top 4, that was her lucky but at top 4 I think she would never beat Dalton, La Porsha and Trent
5. Mackenzie Bourg
Mackenzie is an artist. His soul is very strong in arrangement song. But still remember with Alex Preston when it goes to Final. Alex lost to Caleb and Jena. I think the Bottom two this week will be Mackenzie and Sonika. If Sonika sent home then Mackenzie will be the next week. Sometimes I feel boring with his performance so I think 4 or 5 will be the place for Mackenzie
This was according to last week performance and my favourite from my opinion so no offense okay
My top 3 picks it would be Dalton, La Porsha and Trent I think Eventhough I want it would be Dalton, La Porsha and Sonika
If im a producer I go for the money$$$ profitable and marketable. Sometimes its not for the voice, its a combination of looks and performance theres a lot of singer that they dont have nice vocal but because they know how to perform they are now famous. For me no offence I go with Dalton! He got a lot of followers so that means a his records will sell… just saying!