We’ve finally received the American Idol auditions details for 2012 including all the release forms for registration, audition requirements, and the audition FAQs. Lots of really important information included in these documents so if you’re serious about going to one of the seven audition events for season 11 to try out then you need to thoroughly read these.
American Idol 2012 Audition documents:
- Personal Release Form (pdf format)
- Registration and Audition Rules (pdf format)
- Audition Information & FAQ (pdf format)
Here are a few of the most important highlights from the requirements document pertaining to age and citizenship questions:
You must be able to prove at the time of your registration and audition that:
- You are a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States
- You are 15 to 28 years old on June 26, 2011 (which means you must be born on or between June 27, 1982 and June 26, 1996). If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate this season.
We’ve had a lot of questions from those who are too young asking if it’s okay if they still come out and audition for American Idol 2012. Hopefully that age requirement makes it completely clear for those wondering.
One interesting thing to note is the FAQ document’s reference to a Los Angeles audition event having a shortened registration window. The document then lists the seven audition locations and none of them are Los Angeles. So that’s either a left over copy&paste error from last year’s document or an LA event has been planned but not announced or it was dropped from their list. Weird.
Let us know if you’re going to any of the auditions. We’d love to see pics or hear reports on how your try out went. Best of luck to everyone who goes!