American Idol 2012 Top 25 Elimination Predictions
Tonight delivers our first live voting results elimination round where we’ll see the American Idol 2012 semi-finalists cut down from the Top 25 to the Top 13. Will your favorite make it? There’s only one way to find out, but while we wait for the big news from Ryan Seacrest we can take a look several possibilities.
First up are the Top 13 guys. Five of those will be voted in by you so we can pull from a few sources on that. In our poll here on American Idol Net the top five vote earners were Phil Phillips, Joshua Ledet, Heejun Han, Jermaine Jones, and Colton Dixon in order of vote %. Phillips is the guy to beat this season and he made that abundantly clear on Tuesday night. Han might not be the greatest singer, but he’s very popular so he’s safe. I am a little surprised by Jones’ placing in the poll, but either he’s better than I’m hearing or being the underdog is powerful.
If you check the neighborhood of Idol fan sites then you’ll see pretty similar polling results over at MJs. There the top five males, in order of %, were Phillips, Ledet, Dixon, Han, and Brackensick. Not far off from your votes here, so if we take the overlaps of Phillips, Ledet, and Han then we’ve got three finalists right there.
Before we go too far with unofficial polls it’s worth taking note of DialIdol’s predictions. They’ve got Eben Franckewitz, Chase Likens, and Adam Brock as their top three males. Those sorts of results make me want to discount their numbers altogether, but maybe I’ll be very surprised.
The male singers toeing the line that I wouldn’t be sorry to see go tonight on American Idol are Reed Grimm, Deandre Brackensick, and Eben Franckewitz. Singers waiting on a call from the governor with a wildcard spot are most likely Aaron, Adam, Chase, Creighton, and Jeremy.
On the other side of the aisle we’ve got six eliminations coming up for the American Idol season 11 Top 12 girls. Just like Phillips among the guys we’ve got Jessica Sanchez dominating the girls’ vote in our poll. She’s holding 40% of the female vote. 40%! That leaves the other eleven girls to divvy up the remaining 60%. Sheesh. The remaining four top spots, according to our poll, belong to Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanagh, and Elise Testone. I wouldn’t be surprised by any of those.
Checking for overlaps in polling, again from MJs, we’ve got Jessica, Hollie, Elise, Skylar, and Erika filling out the top 5. Erika didn’t do nearly as well in our poll, but she’s still in potentially-safe territory.
Looking at DialIdol’s predictions you’ll find Brielle Von Hugel at the top, followed by Jessica, Chelsea, Hollie, and Skylar. Those seem reasonable except for Brielle’s chart topping, but maybe the negative image portrayed during Hollywood didn’t wear off on to the votes. We’ll see about that as well as Chelsea’s safety.
Female singers I’m expecting to march out stage left tonight are Baylie, Chelsea, Haley, Hallie, and maybe Jen. As much as I’d like to say farewell to Brielle, production may want to keep that personality in the race. I wouldn’t expect JLo to use her wildcard on Baylie after mocking her tight dress last night. That’ll teach her for trying to upstage People’s “Most Beautiful Person”…
We’re just a few more hours away for learning who is eliminate and who moves on to become the American Idol 2012 Top 13 finalists. Now that you’ve read who we expect to go, what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Subscribe to free American Idol updates on Facebook, Twitter, RSS, & Email