American Idol 2013 Top 9: Now Who Has What It Takes To Win?
Last week I made some early predictions on what could happen on this season of American Idol 2013 and since powers shift and things change, I’ll be updating the assessment as each person is eliminated. And these are final placement predictions.
Last night Curtis Finch Jr. was cut from the competition, leaving us with our Season 12 Top 9. I had Curtis placed much higher at 5th place. So it’s definitely time to take another look.
The Top 9 Assessment (In order of rank based on last night’s results)
(Top 3) Angie Miller. I had Angie winning the whole thing in my original post. And while Candice is giving her a run for her money, I think I’m leaving Angie right where she is. She’s all ready to go as a recording artist. She has her own songs (that people LOVE) and she has the right look. It’s all there. Final Placement Prediction: Winner of American Idol 2013
(Top 3) Candice Glover. I think Candice SHOULD win American Idol 2013, but I’m not sure she will. That could change, though. I originally had her coming in third. But right now I could see her going all the way to the end and losing to Angie. Final Placement Prediction: 2nd place
(Top 3) Kree Harrison. I’m really glad that Kree is the country singer more fans are going with. I was worried more people would go for Janelle. But Kree is clearly the superior singer. And because of Janelle, I originally had Kree in 7th place. She’s easily getting moved up now. But not to third. That’s too easy. Surely a guy will steal the hearts of some girls and sneak in the top 3. Final Placement Prediction: 4th place
4. Lazaro Arbos. As I said above, surely a guy will sneak in the Top 3. If anyone can do it, it’s Lazaro. And his 4th place ranking this week proves that. I think the guys might be picked off one-by-one, but Lazaro will be around for a while. Final Placement Prediction: 3rd place
5. Amber Holcomb. I think Amber made it in this spot because of her pimp spot this week. Unless American Idol has more tricks up its sleeve, I think she might be the first girl to go. And it could be as early as next week. But I’m not ready to say that for sure. I originally had her going home this week in 10th place. Final Placement Prediction: 8th place
6. Janelle Arthur. I think she’ll sing a patriotic country song soon that will put her ahead of Amber and hold pretty solid at the middle of the road. I originally had her at 6th place, so she only moves up a notch. Final Placement Prediction: 5th Place
7. Burnell Taylor. I’d love to see Burnell make it longer, but I think he’s found himself in the wrong season. This season of the girls probably won’t allow him to break the Top 5, even though he should. I originally had him all the way up in 2nd place, but that was before how calculated I realized Idol producers were being this season. Final Placement Prediction: 6th Place
8. Paul Jolley. I thought Paul was going to end up getting the WGWG votes (despite not a guitar in sight), but I think he’s too “theatrical,” as the judges keep saying. It’s still possible he’ll jump ahead in the coming weeks, but it’s not looking very promising right now. I originally had him going home 9th place (next week). I’m tempted to stick him there again in case Devin almost going home earns him some extra votes. But I think Paul will improve a bit before he goes. Final Placement Prediction: 7th place
9. Devin Velez. I think Devin has a strong possibility of staying in 9th place and going home next week. He could switch places with Amber or Paul though (sending one of them home) if him almost going home gets his fans riled up enough to vote more next week. But It’s not looking good for him. Final Placement Prediction: 9th place (next to be eliminated)
Subscribe to free American Idol updates on Facebook, Twitter, RSS, & Email