Last week on American Idol we had our first elimination from the 2012 season’s Top 13. Now it’s time for us to look back at your votes in our first two polls (Pre-Top 13 and Top 13) and see which of the singers are in the danger zone and which of them are climbing the ranks.
Keep in mind that the Pre-Top 13 poll results simply indicate viewers’ overall impression and preference for the singers based on all previous performances in the early portion of the season. The shift to the weekly performance polls will more closely relate to their week-to-week performances. You’ll see the singers already starting to climb and fall from those early impressions.
The clear leader for the past two weeks has been Jessica Sanchez and after last week’s jump way, way ahead it’ll be interesting to see if she comes back down to join the rest of her American Idol 2012 friends. Phillip Phillips maintains a respectable second place while Hollie Cavanagh leap frogs over a few of the guys from last week to take third. That puts a girl in first and third place which might be a good sign for the ladies’ chances of winning the crown back from the guys.
With such a large chunk of the poll consumed by Jessica Sanchez’s 58% the other twelve singers’ numbers are tightly coupled especially considering our poll rounds off to the whole number. The remaining seats are shared between 4%, 3%, 2%, and 1% earnings. Well, one singer managed to earn less than 1% of the overall vote this past week in our poll and those results were mirrored during the live results show. Jeremy Rosado was both the lowest vote earning singer on our site and among all viewers. Looks like he was the right choice to be sent home during the American Idol Top 13 week.
American Idol 2012 Top 13 Week Poll Rankings:
- Jessica Sanchez – 58% – up 32 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Phillip Phillips – 9% – down 6 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Hollie Cavanagh – 6% – no change from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Heejun Han – 4% – down 4 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Skylar Laine – 4% – down 1 point from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Colton Dixon – 3% – down 4 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- DeAndre Brackensick – 2% – down 2 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Joshua Ledet – 2% – down 2 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Jermaine Jones – 1% – down 1 point from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Shannon Magrane – 1% – down 1 point from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Elise Testone – 1% – down 2 points from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Erika Van Pelt – 1% – down 1 point from Pre-Top 13 poll
- Jeremy Rosado – <1% - down 7 points from Pre-Top 13 poll