American Idol 2015 continues to make my job difficult by leaking the songs before I ever have a chance to make recommendations. But this week they went a step further and only leaked the songs, leaving us to guess who is doing what.
We’ve already found out what Jax is singing and possibly what Joey is singing, so let’s play a little guessing game for the rest of the choices!
- Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Jax has spoiled this one by tweeting she’s doing Lady Gaga. This should be interesting. I bet she slows it down and makes it her own. She never just impersonates an artist, so expect this to be different than the version we’re used to.
- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. Everyone is claiming this one for Joey. So we will see. I don’t like this song choice for her, but she’ll surely change it up and make it weird and America will love it while I hate it.
- Hey Ya by OutKast. My guess would be Qaasim for this one. But I don’t think we’ll be hearing him sing it. Unless of course they’re doing that Idol save again. So yeah, I’ve said it. I think Qaasim will be heading home this week.
- Make it Rain by Ed Sheeran. If this isn’t Clark’s song, I’ll be shocked. As we know, he can singing anything, so any of these songs could be his. But this one really suits him. I think he could really have another perfect performance with his version of this song.
- Stay by Rihanna. I think it’s time for Tyanna to slow things down and have one of those Idol moments everyone talks about, so I think this could be her song choice. And if so, it’s a good one for her.
- Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. Nick teased that he’s doing something unexpected and I’ve heard a band Nick is close to do a cover of this, so I’m guessing this is Nick’s choice. And it would definitely be unexpected, so I’m pretty confident in my guess.
- Latch by Disclosure (ft Sam Smith). I’m pretty certain this will be Quentin’s pick. He teased that he’s doing Europop, so this would be the song. And I think if he handles it right, it could actually be a great performance.
- Set Fire to the Rain by Adele. I don’t really like this song choice for Rayvon, but he’s the only one left and this is the only song left. Ha! But I guess I could see him doing this. The more I think about it, though, the more I think maybe Rayvon is doing Teenage Dream and Nick is doing Set Fire to the Rain. Aaaaah! I don’t know! What do you think?
What songs do you think the American Idol 2015 Top 8 have chosen to perform this week?
Whoever picked Katy Perry and Miley should be voted off immediately simply because they picked that crap. Of all the songs to choose from they pick that?!?!?! American Idol needs to have a new rule: NO SONGS FROM AFTER THE 90s!!!!
While I agree that music isn’t as good as it was back than, their still is great music in the 90s to prior they just chose the wrong song choices. Frankly, Katy Perry is alright to sing, but Miley… not so much.
The producers probably picked the songs even if it was by giving each contestant a very limited number of songs. American Idol only has maybe 200 approved songs a season and the majority of them are from every season. That’s why the contestants are singing many of the same songs each season.
I think Rayvon might be singing Latch which seems more suited for his voice and Quentin might be singing Set Fire to the Rain as he’s already sung one song by Adele.
I like the choices, so looking forward to see how they pull them off.
Branden, I have to agree with you about Joey. I’ve disliked, with a passion mind you, everything she’s done yet people love her. I thought she destroyed Miss Independent last week (in front of Kelly, no less) but then you hear that they love what she does to the songs she chooses. I don’t get it. I’m already prepared to cover my ears during her performance tonight. LOL!
ahhhhh Joey cook is Great as you know. But why some people are get hating on her? I guess she would be in Top 3 with Jax and Clark (Jax, Joey and Clark are my favourites along with Lovey james, Maddie Walker and Adanna Duru)
I’m not all that familiar with some of these songs which could explain my lack of enthusiasm this week. My entertainment tonight will be judging HCJr’s blood alcohol level and seeing what menopause Barbie is wearing.
Don’t be bitchy. If you can get to her age and look half as good you will be doing well
LOL there is noway that Nick is singing “Teenage Dream,” listen to the lyrics….you think I’m pretty without any makeup on. Really?? Nick? lol. I think Nick is singing “Wrecking Ball” and Joey is singing “Teenage Dream.” Just my thoughts. I agree with the rest though just those two.
So… about all that… 🙂
Haha now you have the nerve to reply after performances?? Thats hilarious! Its called the fun of predicting but I think Nick did awesome..better than I thought but again this discussion was meant to be before idol but cute reply though 🙂
Poor Champion. He thinks that Quaasim should be #3 in the rankings after Clark and Jax. Listen Champ Quaasim seems like a very good guy and he is certainly a fabulous stage performer but sing?????Errr…Bruno Mars…errr…However, he could easily be in Brunos Band but not as a individual singer vocalist. He isn’t one.
Latch has got be Rayvon’s song. I jsut lsitened to it againa nd it had Rayvons name all over it…I hope Quentin does Set Fire to the Rain…I hope he kills it. Tyanna should also kill Stay…