American Idol 2013 Top 7: Now Who Has What It Takes To Win?
So now that he’s been eliminated and a few changes in the Idol power rankings, it’s time to once again look at who has what it takes to win American Idol 2013. And as usual, these are NOT my personal opinions, but how I think things will play out based on popularity, voting patterns and a few other factors.
The Top 7 Assessment
1. Angie Miller. I’m still keeping Angie in this spot for the time being. I still think Candice or Kree could give Angie a run for her money, but I’m not ready to make any changes with Angie’s predictions yet. Final placement prediction: The Winner of American Idol 2013
2. Kree Harrison. I’ve decided to swap Candice and Kree because Kree is on fire. She’s got the country slant going for her and production seems to love her as much as America does. She even got a personal message from Aretha Franklin on last night’s episode. That’s pretty major. Final placement prediction: 2nd place
3. Candice Glover. As I said above, Kree might be edging Candice out. I’m not sure I agree with that, but I can see how it could happen. Country music fans love their American Idol and Kree is bringing that home for them. Final placement prediction: 3rd place
4. Janelle Arthur. Janelle keeps floating in the middle but she did move ahead of Lazaro after this week’s results. I thought America was going to keep coddling Lazaro, but I think the cuteness might be wearing off. I think Janelle will outlast him now. Final placement prediction: 4th place
5. Burnell Taylor. This is wear things get tricky. Amber was on her way out until Idol figured out a new formula to keep her in it. So while I’d like to confidently keep Burnell in this spot, I’m can’t. I can only do so very cautiously. This season could seriously play out in a way that means ALL the guys went home before a single girl. But for now, I’ll keep him here. Final prediction placement: 5th place
6. Amber Holcomb. As I said above, she may not be going anywhere until Burnell and Lazaro are out, but at this point that would almost be too predictable. I think she’ll go out next week or the week after. But since she’s a girl, the judges could use the save on her. Final prediction placement: 6th place
7. Lazaro Arbos. He went from runner up in my predictions at one time to 7th place. That’s because he’s had a rough couple of weeks and I think the girls are just too strong this season. I could see Lazaro not going home next week and sending Amber or Burnell home instead, but I think his time might be up. Final prediction placement: 7th place
Subscribe to free American Idol updates on Facebook, Twitter, RSS, & Email