That was the elimination I expected this week, but I wasn’t expecting Jessica Meuse in the bottom two next to him. But I’ve mentioned before I’ve never had a good hold on where she stands with America, but now I think we finally know.
Let’s get to the week’s power rankings.
American Idol 2014 Top 6 Power Rankings
6. C.J. Harris. I’m going to keep this dude here until he goes. He’s spent all nine of his lives and several more. Jessica may have been in the bottom two this week, but I don’t see her going home next. It has to be C.J. or Sam.
5. Sam Woolf. I think the buzz from Sam’s judges’ save will wear off this coming week. He might not go home, but he has a good chance at being in the bottom two once again.
4. Jessica Meuse. I can’t see myself putting Jessica anywhere else. She’s a great performer and just doesn’t deserve to go home next or even the week after. I think fourth place is a solid placement for her right now.
3. Jena Irene. This one could very well be on her way to the top. Her recent performances have been fantastic and she has come a long way from being a wild card, to almost going home to where she is now. I’m not quite ready to move her up any higher, but it’s getting close.
2. Alex Preston. Still never been in the bottom and consistent week, after week, I think Alex is holding strong around the top 2-4. I don’t see him in first place at the moment, but I guess with this season you never know. I don’t get his appeal, but a lot of folks obviously do.
1. Caleb Johnson. The dude is wearing a little thin on me, but whatever. He’s never had a bad performance. It’s just getting repetitive. He needs a moment in order to clench the title. Right now, though, he’s letting Jena gain on him and she could end up taking the lead and the title.
What do you think of the power rankings for the American Idol 2014 Top 6? How would you rank them?