Another week has come and gone on American Idol 2014 so that means there’s one less contestant vying for the big title at the end of the season.
So who moves up or down (or stays the same) in our Power Rankings this week? Not a lot changes, actually. But let’s take a look
American Idol 2014 Top 8 Power Rankings
(In descending order)
8. C.J. Harris. C.J. found himself back in the bottom again this week and I understand why. I’ve said this every week now, but it’s true: He confuses everyone about what kind of artist he is. And he’s not very good at picking songs. So I think he’ll be the next to head home.
7. Sam Woolf. Sam not doing better with the voters is actually pretty telling about American Idol. He’s the only option for the younger female vote and they aren’t there. Which can only mean American Idol has lost a lot of that crowd. But anyway, since he was back in the bottom this week there’s no other place to put him.
6. Dexter Roberts. He was safe this week, but after last week’s bottom three visit and the fact that he has not attempted to step out of his comfort zone puts him in our bottom three this week.
5. Jena Irene. I like to think that Jena is storming up the charts as far as votes go since she’s had a few good weeks, but I can’t forget how close she was to going home a couple times already.
4. Jessica Meuse. I’m starting to wonder if I’m being too kind with my Jessica placement, but until proven otherwise, I’m going to keep her around this spot. I think she knows what kind of artist she is and she’s good at picking songs that work for her. I still think she’s ready to cut an album right now.
3. Malaya Watson. I feel like it’s risky putting Malaya up this high, but she fought her way back from the bottom and she did so in a major way. I’m glad she’s made good song choice week after week since her blunder week one.
2. Alex Preston. I’m not sure what it is about Alex that seems to be impressing everyone, but he’s never been in danger. I think I might be ranking him too hight, but based on all the things I take into account, this is where he lands for now.
1. Caleb Johnson. There’s no question in my mind that Caleb is the best performer in the contest. He’s a showman, he knows exactly who he is and he makes perfect song choices. I don’t know if he’s No. 1 in America’s book as far as votes go, but he’s definitely keeping this No. 1 spot warm in our power rankings.
What do you think of the American Idol 2014 Top 8? How would you rank them?