Last night on American Idol 2014 we finally said goodbye to M.K. Nobilette, who sure had some ups and downs in the competition. So now that she’s no longer in my bottoms spot, who will be taking those honors now?
Let’s take a look at the power rankings for the final nine contestants.
American Idol 2014 Top 9 Power Rankings
(in descending order)
9. Majesty Rose. Two weeks in a row in the bottom three is not good news for Majesty. Also not good for her have been her past few performances. They’ve been weak at best and I think she’s most likely to go home next.
8. C.J. Harris. He might have skipped the bottom three this week, but he’s still not shining on the Idol stage and he’s also not doing well in our polls. I think even though Dexter Roberts was in the bottom this week, that C.J. is still ranked lower coming up this week.
7. Dexter Roberts. I cannot believe Dexter was in the bottom three last night. I think that he’s got enough fans that are now scared and will send him more votes to make sure he doesn’t end up there again. But for now, I’m going to keep him in the lowest three spots on this list.
6. Sam Woolf. Sam was much better this week and it showed in our poll and the fact that he was not in the bottom again this week. I think the votes are just all over the place this season and people are actually basing votes on week-to-week performances and not overall popularity. Which is very weird for Idol.
5. Jena Irene. I’m not sure if Jena is really at a Top 5 spot, but she’s had two great weeks and have avoided the bottom three both weeks. But with how the votes are playing out this season, she might make a return trip back to the bottom. But I think she definitely deserves to be in the Top 5.
4. Malaya Watson. As long as she keeps making the same song choices, Malaya will be sitting pretty for a few more weeks. In order to break into the Top 3 again, though, she’s going to have to do something incredible.
3. Jessica Meuse. I can never figure out what people are thinking of Jessica. She’s never been in the bottom, though, so I guess people are enjoying her. And her performances are always solid so I’d never have a reason to rank her any worse than this.
2. Alex Preston. I think America missed the White Guy With The Guitar because Alex has been sitting pretty for weeks and there doesn’t seem to be a sign of him letting up. And with his past few performances, he seems to only be gaining steam.
1. Caleb Johnson. I still don’t know how America is actually receiving Caleb. I still have a feeling they might tire of him. So even though he’s been at the top of the list for a few weeks now, I don’t think he’s going to win American Idol. At least I don’t think so at this moment. Check back in about two weeks.
What do you think of the Top 9? How would you rank the remaining American Idol contestants?