American Idol 2013 Top 8: Now Who Has What It Takes To Win?
I’ve been keeping a close eye on the American Idol 2013 standings this season and have made a few predictions. So far I’m doing pretty well. I haven’t gotten the order exactly right, but I’ve been pretty spot on with the bottom twos and bottom threes.
But after another person goes, it’s time to rethink rankings. So here I go again, taking another look at who has what it takes to win this thing.
The Top 8 Assessment
1. Angie Miller. I’m keeping Angie in this spot for now. I do think Candice and Kree could give Angie a run for her money. If one of those weeks Angie’s fans get complacent and the judges’ save is gone, it could be another Melinda Doolittle moment. But for now, I think Angie is solid and will ride this wave harder and faster than Phillip Phillips rode his the whole way last season. Final Placement Prediction: Winner of American Idol 2013
2. Candice Glover. As I said above, if Angie doesn’t win American Idol, Candice might. I still think Candice SHOULD win, but right now I’ve got her coming in second place. Final Placement Prediction: 2nd or 3rd place
3. Kree Harrison. Again, Kree is a force and if anyone slides, she could move in. And if Janelle goes home before her, she’ll pick up all the country votes, which could definitely boost her. And she’s definitely worthy of the win. She’s got a pretty fantastic sound. Final Placement Prediction: 2nd or 3rd place
4. Lazaro Arbos. I don’t think Lazaro deserves in the Top 8 much less the Top 4, but fans are singing a different song than I am. I thought his Top 9 performance was so atrocious that he should have been eliminated on the spot. But people love his story and as arguably the cutest guy in the contest, the girls will keep digging him. And if he keeps crying on stage, he might get bumped up even higher. He could even sneak into the finale. But I’m hoping not. Final Placement Prediction: 4th or 3rd place
5. Janelle Arthur. I’d love to put Burnell Taylor in 5th place, but I just don’t think it will happen. This season is going to go very predictable, so I see Janelle landing somewhere here in the middle. She was originally poised to do very well, but then Angie, Kree and Candice came along. Final Placement Prediction: 5th place
6. Burnell Taylor. Like I said above, I’d love to put Burnell higher. I think he deserves Top 3, actually. But I’m sounding like a broken record already, so I won’t even go on about it. Final Placement Prediction: 6th place
7. Amber Holcomb. Her bottom three visit this week might keep her out of the bottom for a week, but she’ll be back in it and likely go home. Final Placement Prediction: 7th place
8. Devin Velez. This will be the third week in a row I’ve had him picked to go home. And I think this pretty much HAS to be the week. But hey, maybe he’ll prove me wrong once again. I don’t think he should go home. Not at all. I enjoy Devin. But fans aren’t exactly clinging to him. Final Placement Prediction: 8th place
Subscribe to free American Idol updates on Facebook, Twitter, RSS, & Email