It was another wild week of ups and downs on American Idol 2014 with the Top 9 performances sending the previous week’s leader falling back down and a former top-ranker back to the lead.
As we’ve seen week after week, there hasn’t been a consistent number one spot in our poll although this was the first time we saw a repeat leader at number one. This time it was Caleb Johnson who jumped twenty points to 29% of last week’s vote followed by Jena Irene who climbed eight points to 18% and second place. In third place we’ve got Malaya who has been the most consistently placed singer hanging in the mid to low teens for the past four weeks.
In the middle block we’ve got Sam Woolf who has been fairly consistent floating around the ten point mark with 8% this week, but that isn’t likely to win you the race. Behind him are Alex Preston and Jessica Meuse tied at 7%. That was a huge drop of fifteen points for Alex back to his usual area of six to seven points, but a steady spot for Jessica.
At the bottom three last week in our poll were Dexter at 6%, Majesty at 5%, and CJ at 4%. Majesty and CJ were part of the official bottom three along with Sam, so none of those were a real surprise. CJ will need a big week to pick himself up and get to a safer zone.
Since we already know what the Top 8 will be singing this week, who do you think has the best chance of rocking our poll this time around?
American Idol 2014 Top 9 Week Poll Rankings:
- Caleb Johnson – 29% – up 20 points from last week
- Jena Irene – 18% – up 8 points from last week
- Malaya Watson – 12% – down 3 points from last week
- Sam Woolf – 8% – down 4 points from last week
- Alex Preston – 7% – down 15 points from last week
- Jessica Meuse – 7% – no change from last week
- Dexter Roberts – 6% – up 1 point from last week
- Majesty Rose – 5% – down 1 point from last week – eliminated last week
- CJ Harris – 4% – down 1 point from last week