America and the judges decided who the American Idol 2014 Top 13 should be Thursday night, and while there were some surprises, it’s a pretty solid Top 13. Let’s get to this week’s power rankings.
American Idol 2014 Top 13 Power Rankings
(In descending order)
13. Kristen O’Connor. I’m putting Kristen at the end of the list because America didn’t pick her and I’m still not sure why the judges are so interested in her. I don’t know if she’ll be the first of the Top 13 to go home, but it’s possible.
12. Jena Irene. I was surprised America didn’t put Jena in their Top 10, but since they didn’t I have to put her in this spot. I still think there’s a chance that she can bounce up on the list if she picks the right song next week.
11. C.J. Harris. I cannot believe C.J. did not make it into America’s Top 10. I almost put him higher on the list anyway because I know he’ll end up doing better in the votes in the upcoming weeks.
10. Emily Piriz. American surprised me on Emily. But Harry Connick Jr.’s passive aggressive comments about the risque song choice really gave her a lot of attention. I think once that wears off, she won’t last long in the competition.
9. Jessica Meuse. I think Jessica really needs to do something about how she comes off on camera if she wants to last. She’s very talented and should be ranked higher, I think, but there’s something about her presence on screen that is off-putting.
8. Dexter Roberts. I think Dexter’s biggest problem this season is going to be Ben Briley. Ben will get the country vote and Dexter will suffer.
7. Majesty Rose. America put her through, but I think she needs to pick some great songs if she wants to climb higher than 7th place.
6. Alex Preston. I can see Alex sticking around for a while. He’s like a mixture of Elliott Yamin and Lee DeWyze, only better. I could see him making it to the finale, but for now, I’m keeping him in the middle.
5. Sam Woolf. Could Sam be the next American Idol? It’s possible. I’m pretty sure he’s at least in America’s Top 5 so he’s also going in ours.
4. Caleb Johnson. There’s something very James Durbin about this guy. He’s quite a showman and that’s either going to carry him far or be his downfall. I could see people tiring of him if he doesn’t show some diversity.
3. MK Nobilette. I do not at all expect MK to be in the Top 3. I just think she had a good performance week and she’s gotten a lot of press outside the competition because of her sexuality. So right now, she’s riding that wave. But when that wears off, she’s going to have to keep America interested.
2. Ben Briley. I think Ben will be sticking around awhile. He’s a great singer and the country music fans will vote heavily for him. I think he’ll easily finish Top 5 if not higher.
1. Malaya Watson. This girl is my absolute favorite and even though she’s in our No. 1 spot this week, I don’t expect her to win American Idol 2014. I’d never pick the winner in the first week of live shows. I just think with her great voice and her personality, America will like her for a bit.
OK, so I’ve thought about it and I am actually going to make a prediction just for fun. I think I’ll be wrong, but I’m going to go with Alex Preston as the next American Idol.
How would you rank the American Idol 2014 Top 13? Who do you think will win Season 13?
Kristen is going to win
Yes she will
You think there is something off putting by Jessica? Watch your favorite Malaya. She has no interaction with the other girls. It is so cold. watching both nights you can tell most of the girls do not like each other contrary to what MK “said” . It was very uncomfortable watching the girls as they reached the coach and the stools this week
Malaya is so amateur singing, she only act like crazy. You’re blind!
Its great to have your opinion heard. I want my opinion to be heard too. I’m gonna rank the girls, based on their whole performances since Audition. 7) Malaya 6) Emily 5) Jessica 4) MK and I cant decide between Majesty, Jena, and Kristen.
I put Malaya in the last place because, she has the great voice, but unfortunately with insufficient control. You heard bria, and I think they had similar performance yesterday.
Emily is good, lovely, I love her smile. But the voice is aint really strong. Sorry.
Jessica. I like country, I like rock. She’s rock. But not really impress me. Still pitchy on her rush week performance.
MK is good, she sings with control. But I think, too simple. Not great.
Majesty, she’s fun. Never stop smiling. The vocal range’s wide, with enough control. Age and experience never lied, though.
Jena has a very uniq style, timbre, and signature on her voice. She’s one of a kind. Need more control, though.
Kristen, I watched her Radioactive cover and I’m totally impressed (you should watch it too). She has the ability to put the “soft” end to her breath when she sings. But in some performance, the nerve control is not enough to show her potential. And btw, beautiful. 🙂
That’s my opinion.
I agree with you
1. Sam Woolf
2. Alex Preston
3. Jessica Muse
4. Caleb Johnson
5. Emily Piriz
6. Jena Auscuitto
7. Malaya Watson
8. Ben Briley
9. MK Nobilette
10. Majesty Rose
11. Kristen O’Conner
12. CJ Harris
13. Dexter Roberts
I am not that impressed yet with any of them really. Contestants that I expected to be there are not and I think they had much better voices and ability then some of the ones chosen. But time will tell, maybe one of these “Hopefuls” will surprise me and actually do something that will set them apart.
To me Alex is this year’s Casey Abrams. Too small a niche for an Idol winner. He appeals to such a small demo that he will go nowhere. A coffee house singer for pseudo intellectuals. JMO
CJ is the beSt!
Branden, I usually have to say you are way off and is proven correct latter but not this time! I figured it would be a stiff competition between Jena Asciutto and Sam Woolf with Majesty York close on their tails! Jena now labeled a wild card has little chance as I’ve seen wild cards go very quickly. I liken Jena to the Womens Canadian Hockey team being behind 2-0 to USA women. They could not sit still (and just play defense only) they had to power play it relentlessly to get the gold medal! Jena’s power play is the Angie Grand (not the miniature keyboard she used last night). Last season Angie miller got Bull headed and sang without it and also consequently heard Phillip Phillip’s Gone song!
Dan Smith’s “Oblivion” song would be good to hear from Jena. It’s not played on the radio though and the judges would need to inform the audience that she is not singing another original!
Why would you predict Alex winning? I already told you Sam Woolf is gonna win and if you’d been paying any attention at all you’d know that I’m right.
Unless things change “drastically” next week, I’d have to agree. Even then he will be in the top four. Easy!
Kristen will win, she doesn’t over sing like most of the other’s. I was kinda surprised to see not one black guy in the top ten, so i think it will be a woman/girl to win the Idol. I agree with Gauder , Kristen has the best voice, and she hasn’t sang her best song yet
Kristen has a nice voice, but she seems very bland. I really wanted to root off her based on her tone, and her profession, but the other girls were more interesting (Malaya, Majesty, Jena), and had great voices also .
I’m sorry, but Kristen is easily the worst out of the top 13… sure, she has a decent-ish voice, but there’s absolutely nothing special about it or her. The only reason she’s in the top 13 is because Spencer and Bria essentially cut themselves from the competition with their song choices. She’s bland and quite forgettable (and, frankly, I can’t think of a single thing she’s performed). Not a chance she wins – you have to have a good voice, but also originality and likeability, both of which she sorely lacks.
Who would VoteForTheWorst have picked if they were still around?
Malaya, I think
This season’s main wgwg (Sam) is good enough to make the top 5 under his own power, so they’d probably support someone more sucky/entertaining in order to keep them around as long as possible, but as it got closer to the finals they would eventually throw their support to the wgwg.
Sam is not the wgwg.
Ben’s ok, but when it comes to country music I like Dexter. I’d buy his music.
Seriously? Malaya Watson? Are you deaf??? Um, you’re ab idiot.
My favorites are easily Majesty and Jena. Look at Majesty’s audition and Hollywood week performances – they’re absolutely beautiful. Jena, on the other hand, has so much experience with songwriting and performing, and she knows exactly who she is, plus she’s very likeable and original. (Please, look up her song “Unbreakable Me” on iTunes and download it! Written and performed live, entirely by her, and it’s phenomenal.) I think that Sam Woolf will go far, too, based on his fantastic voice, but I don’t think that he will win, unless he shows more personality. My top seven would be Majesty, Jena, Sam, Jessica Meuse, CJ, Ben, Alex, and someone else (maybe Emily? maybe? or Dexter?)
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not feeling a lot of star power from any of these contestants so far – except maybe Jena.